Corbett Wildlife ConservationThe Reserve area was named as 'Hailey National Park' in 1936. This was renamed in 1954-55 as 'Ramganga National Park' and again in 1955-56 as 'Corbett National Park'. It is the oldest National Park in India. It was one of the nine Tiger Reserves created at the launch of the Project Tiger in 1973. The original area of the Park was 323.75 sq. km. to which 197.07 sq. km. was added later. An area of 797.72 sq. km. was added as buffer in 1991. This area includes the whole of Kalagarh Forest Division (including 301.18 sq. km. area Sananadi Wildlife Sanctuary),96.70 sq. km. of Ramnager Forest Division and another 89 sq. km. The administrative control over the entire area is that of the Field Director of the Reserve.
Ranthambore Wildlife ConservationRanthambhore Tiger Reserve was among the first nine Tiger Reserves declared in 1973 at the launch of Project Tiger in India. It comprised the former Sawai Madhopur Wildlife Sanctuary of 392.5 sq.km. Reserved Forest (constituted in 1955).
Ranthambhore National Park with an area of 274.5 sq.km was constituted from within the Tiger Reserve in 1980. In the then Tiger Reserve, the National Park area was being managed as the core and the rest as buffer until in 1992, Keladevi Sanctuary having area of 674 sq.km of Protected Forest (constituted in 1983),Sawai Mansingh Sanctuary with an area of 127 sq.km. (Constituted in 1983),Sawai Mansingh Sanctuary with an area of 127 sq. km .(constituted in 1984), Kualji Close Area of 7.58 sq. km. And some other forest areas were added to the Reserve.
Archaeological Richness Ranthambhore fort and teples of medieval period.
Kanha Wildlife ConservationKanha National Park is one of the first nine, Tiger Reserve constituted in our country when "Project Tiger" was initially launched way back in 1973. There present Park area encompasses two important valleys vix the Banjar and the Halon. In 1935, these valley forests were declared Sanctuaries Subsequently, the Banjar valley alone retained that Sanctuaries status till the up gradation as a National park in 1955. the initial area of the National Park was 253 sq. km. km, which with subsequent extensions in 1964and 1970 assumed a size of 446 sq. km. With the launched of Project Tiger in 1973, the Halon valley area was eventually integrated with the Park, thereby increasing the total area to the present size of 940 sq. km..
Kanha tiger Reserve is constituted on a "core-buffer" strategy. The entire National Park area of 940 sq. km. km. is visualised as a "core zone", free from biotic. Disturbances of any sort. A Buffer zone of 1005 sq. km. km. surrounding the core is treated as a multiple use area. The buffer zone comprises almost 40 percent forest area and the rest is costiuted by revenue land this zone has been notified by the state Government as a separate division and is under the unified controls of the management.
The Reserve is a part of the Gonndwana tract inhabited traditionally and chiefly by the Gong and Baiga tribes. The villagers had free access to cut and burn the forest at will. The system of shifting cultivation, locally called "Bewar" prevailed almost unhindered until 1870 on the hill slopes. Unrestricted grazing was permitted up to 1915, when grazing rules were introduced.
Pench National Park ConservationPench Tiger Reserve was crated in 1992, becoming 19th Reserve in the Project Teger network. The core zone of the Reserve, Pench National Park was crated in 1983.This was carved oyt of the Pench Sanctuary crated in 1977 with an area of 449.39 sq.km. The area of the Park is 292.85sq.km., which is divided almost equally in two distrcts- 145.36 sq.km. in Seoni and 147.28 sq.km in Chhindwara includes 138.24 sq.km. Reserve forests, 6.26 sq.km. Protected Forest amd 2.78-sq.km.revenue lands. The buffer zone, 465sq.km. comprises of 333.05sq.km Of R.F., 102.36 sq.km Of P.F and 29.59 sq. km.of revenue land. The total area of the reserve is 757.86sq.km
Sariska Wildlife ConservationSariska Tiger Reserve was created in 1978. The present area of the Reserve is 866 sq. km. In the pre-independence period, the forests within the Reserve were a part of the erstwhile Alwar State and maintained as a hunting preserve for the royalty. After independence, these were first notified as a Reserve wherein it was unlawful to hunt, shoot, net, trap, snare, capture or kill any kind of wild animals in 1955. The Reserve status was upgraded to that of a Sanctuary in 1958. Later, in view of the preservation of wild animals in a better way, a few forest areas contiguous to the Sanctuary were also incorporated.
The primary notification to declare part of the core as a National Park was issued in 1982. The final notification is pending in view of the need to relocate a few villages from the Park.